Top 5 Hot Topics (plus 1 more)
- Vaping: Latest Drug “Delivery System?”
- Prescription Drug Abuse and Increase in Heroin Use
- Marijuana – Impact of Legalization
- Social Media and Internet Addiction
- Coping with Stress
Attend one of our facilitated Parent Talks this year, and hear what your fellow parents are talking about. Attend one of our seminars, and hear what the experts have to say.
Top 5 Tips to Help You Communicate
- Be available. Kids open up at unexpected times. Maybe as you turn out the lights to say good night. Or in the car on the way to soccer practice. Or when you least expect it. Seize the moment if your child starts talking.
- Stay current. Watch shows he watches; know where she goes on the Internet.
- Ask questions – if you watch a program on binge drinking, ask, “What do you think about that?” or “Have you ever worried about a classmate in this situation?”
- Stop talking and listen. Don’t interrupt. Don’t just think about your next response. Hear his words. Consider hers.
- Say I love you – often. Remind your child your love will survive any conversation, any topic. And stick to that.