Spring Seminar 2020
April 6 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
NYC-Parents in Action in partnership with the Addiction Institute of Mount Sinai presents:
What Parents Need to Know
- What are the effects of marijuana on the developing brain, especially memory and attention?
- What are the social and health impacts of today’s high potency marijuana?
- How do marijuana policy trends impact youth?
- Are you informed of the various delivery systems of today’s products, from smoking and vaping to edibles?
- How should parents go about seeking out prevention strategies and therapeutic support for children at risk
Please join us to hear from our panel of experts as they answer these questions and many more.
Moderated by Juju Chang, Co-Anchor of “Nightline,” ABC News.
Our panel of experts: (click here for complete bios)
Dr. Yasmin Hurd, Director of the Addiction Institute and Professor of Psychiatry, Neuroscience and Pharmacological Sciences at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Dr. Kevin Sabet, Founder and CEO of SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana), author or “Reefer Sanity,” former White House advisor and ISPS Fellow and Adjunct Faculty, Yale Medical School.
Dr. A. Jordan Wright, Consulting psychologist for Hallways and founding Director of the Center for Counseling and Community Wellbeing at New York University.