Collection of Personal Information
Collection of Other Information
NYC-PIA or its agents may collect other non-personal information about your computer (which may include your IP address, operating system, and web browser software) when you visit our website. We may also assign you a "cookie"(a small, unique identifier text file) when you log in, which we use for a variety of purposes to enhance your experience on our website. However, we do not collect any personal information through cookies.
Use of Personal Information
NYC-PIA may use the personal information you provide on our website in certain ways in connection with our operations. These uses include responding to your questions and comments, for internal business and analytical purposes, and providing you with periodic updates about NYC-PIA news, interesting readings, and other resources and information that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
NYC-PIA may share your personal information in limited circumstances, including:
- With our authorized service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as processing mailings, financial transactions, and other transactions);
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish orexercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law; and
- To protect or defend the rights or property of NYC-PIA or others, or the safety of the public.
- NYC-PIA may also share aggregated information with our partners and co-sponsors, although this aggregated information does not contain any personal information.
Access to Personal Information
You can access, review, update, or change the personal information that we maintain about you by: logging into your account on our website;using the contact request page on our website; or writing to us at NYC-Parentsin Action, Inc., P.O. Box 287451, Yorkville Station, New York, NY 10128. You can request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about you by using the contact requestpage on our website.
Protection of Personal Information
NYC-PIA has implemented security procedures to help protect the personal information that you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
Our website is primarily intended for use by parents, and we do not knowingly collect information about children. Should a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
How To Contact Us